ART
22 year old new mum,
Stephanie Wilby (pictured
above), is fighting the
management of a leisure centre
after she was asked to stop
breastfeeding her four-month-
old baby in a swimming pool.

The staff told her breastfeeding
in the pool was indecent
exposure, unhygienic and
similar to a swimmer urinating
in the pool and would throw
her out of the leisure centre if
she refused to stop

"I would have still questioned
their reasons but it would not
have been as inappropriate.

They made a real scene. They
were saying me breastfeeding
was indecent exposure. But I
was covered more than most of
the other swimmers.

One staff
member also said he would stop
a man urinating in the pool and
that is why they did not want
me breastfeeding in the water. I
should be allowed to breastfeed
where I want.

I felt humiliated
and it was very distressing. I
even asked about feeding at the
side of the pool but they said
that was not allowed and said I
should go to the changing
rooms or toilet. This was the
worst possible customer service
I have ever come across.'

She reported the case as abuse
and now the city council is
investigating to see if she has a
case. I support the staff on this.

A public swimming pool is not
an appropriate place to
breastfeed a child. What do you
guys think about this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep dropping your comments as the top commentator gets a gift from GidiRepublic at the end of the Month

 
Top